Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hot Day on the Trail_IMG_0432-HDR

Sometimes, dragging a very heavy tripod over five kilometres of hillside trails is absolutely necessary. I've done this more times than I can say, sometimes never to use it. Today, however, it proved a good decision as I was able to produce at least two very nice HDR images, the first of which is shared above. To see the other one, please visit my Flickr pages here.

HDRs require that you merge multiple exposures covering several f-stops in order to get the dynamic range that a single shot just can't record. This photo is an example of how that process can result in an image that really feels as if it is approaching the reality you saw when you set up for the shots.

While I always recommend hiking as lightly as possible, especially on a very hot day, adding a few pounds of photographic gear isn't always a bad idea. Besides, it all serves to help keep one fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment